1 beef tenderloin, butterflied and pounded
8 ozs. braised short rib
½ lb. sliced prosciutto
4 ozs. short rib braising sauce
4 ozs. fingerling potato; herbed and roasted
3 ozs. buttered asparagus
- Butterfly your tenderloin, about ¼ in. thick.
- Layer tenderloin with chilled braised short rib; roll tight and wrap with prosciutto.
- Do a quick sear on a flat top with tenderloin, until all sides are seared; reserve for later cooking.
- Reduce the braising liquid by half.
- Blanch fingerlings and cut in half when finished; toss with butter and herbs and roast in oven.
- Put tenderloin in oven at 350º for 10-15 minutes (until short ribs are heated through).
- Blanch asparagus before plate-up.
- Make a pile of potato with the asparagus; slice tenderloin about ½ in. thick; garnish plate with the reduced braising liquid.
Submitted by Michael Valentino, Executive Chef, The Cleveland Yachting Club, Rocky River, Ohio