6 ozs. Chilean seabass
2 ozs. pancetta
4 ozs. baby spinach
4 ozs. risotto
2 ozs. onion
3 ozs. white wine
8 ozs. chicken stock
3 ozs. crab meat
2 ozs. butter
1 oz. capers
- Pan-sear skin side of seabass three-quarters of the way through and reserve for later.
- Risotto-sweat onions in a little butter; cook till translucent.
- Add risotto, toasting slightly in butter and onion; add white wine.
- Add chicken stock a little at a time until risotto is al dente.
To finish dish:
- Place bass in 350º oven for approx. 8-10 minutes.
- Re-heat risotto with chicken stock, adding rendered pancetta and spinach.
- Heat crab in butter with capers; this will go on top of dish when complete.
- Place the cooked risotto on center of plate; top with bass and pour the buttered crab on top, and serve.
Submitted by Michael Valentino, Executive Chef, The Cleveland Yachting Club, Rocky River, Ohio