Timothy R. Lynch was selected by the CC of Naples (Fla.) to serve as its first General Manager in more than 20 years. Other industry appointments include a Golf Course Superintendent for Monarch Beach Golf Links, and a new Director of Communications and Membership Relations for Hound Ears Club.
Personnel announcements made in the club industry this month included these management appointments:
- The Country Club of Naples (Fla.) has selected Timothy R. Lynch as its new General Manager. In his new role, Lynch will leverage his wide range of experience in private club and food-and-beverage management to be the club’s first general manager in more than 20 years. Lynch previously held general manager positions at Kernwood Country Club in Salem, Mass., Salem Country Club in Peabody, Mass., Hempstead (N.Y.) Golf & Country Club, and Springfield (Mass.) Country Club. He has also held director roles in food and beverage at several five-star resorts. He will assume his new duties at the CC of Naples on October 15.
- Mark Hodgdon has been named General Manager of Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort in Destin, Fla. Hodgdon’s career in the hospitality industry has spanned more than 30 years, with previous GM posts at The Ritz-Carlton, Huntington Hotel & Spa in Pasadena, Calif., and the Loews Ventana Canyon Resort in Tucson, Ariz. He has also served as Executive Assistant Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead in Atlanta and The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel in Dana Point, Calif. Hodgdon comes to Sandestin from Villas Del Mar in Los Cabos, Mexico, where he was Vice President of Operations.
- KemperSports has announced the appointment of Alan Walker as General Manager of Pipestone Golf Club in Miamisburg, Ohio. Walker has more than 20 years of experience in the golf industry, with specializations in sales, operations and management. Before this appointment, Walker served as Director of Golf for Orange County National Golf Center in Winter Garden, Fla., a property that hosted more than 95,000 annual rounds. Walker has also served as Director of Golf and Head Golf Professional at Seabrook Island Golf Club in Charleston, S.C.
- Monarch Beach Golf Links and OB Sports Golf Management have appointed Mathew Dunmyer as Golf Course Superintendent. The links are located at The St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort in Dana Point, Calif. In this role, Dunmyer will be responsible for all aspects of agronomy and golf course maintenance. He will also oversee a number of course enhancement projects, including new landscape enhancements, tee deck improvements, bunker enhancements and the development of new agronomic and cultural practices. A GCSAA Class A superintendent with more than 15 years of agronomic experience in the golf industry, Dunmyer has held superintendent positions at Valley Hi Country Club in Elk Grove, Calif., Rock Creek Cattle Company in Deer Lodge, Mont., Sonoma (Calif.) Golf Club, and Moraga (Calif.) Country Club.
- Hound Ears Club, a private equity club in Boone, N.C., has named Jason Reagan as Director of Communications and Membership Relations. Reporting to Chief Operating Officer/General Manager Don E. Vance, CCM, CPC, Reagan will be tasked with ensuring clear, concise and effective communications internally, as well as with Hound Ears Property Owners Association members, and externally with guests. Reagan has worked in the communications sector for the past 16 years as a journalist and journalism instructor. He served as group editor for Mountain Times Publications from 2003-2010, and has also been an adjunct journalism instructor with Appalachian State University.