Hahn will manage the two golf courses at the St. Augustine, Fla., property. Other industry appointments include new chefs for Rio Verde Country Club and Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach Resort; a new Director of Golf Operations and Memberships and new Director of Golf and Head Golf Professional at CordeValle; and a new Golf Instructor at Old Chatham Golf Club.
Personnel announcements made in the club industry this week included these management appointments:
- Honours Golf Company has appointed Jim Hahn as General Manager of the King & Bear and Slammer & Squire golf courses at World Golf Village Resort in St. Augustine, Fla. Hahn has 25 years of golf industry experience and has served as GM for Cape Fear National and Wellness Center at Brunswick Forest Resort in North Carolina, where the facility was named to the “Top 10 New Golf Courses in the Nation” by Golf Digest during his tenure. Hahn also served various roles with KemperSports, eventually becoming Senior Vice President of Operations for more than 15 years, where he oversaw 18 golf properties.
- Rio Verde (Ariz.) Country Club has announced two new kitchen appointments. Executive Chef Randy P. Ortega Sr. has over 30 years of culinary experience, with training that ranges from Classical to Asian, and incorporates that knowledge into health-conscious choices. Ortega’s food and recipes have been featured in Shape magazine. Rio Verde’s new Sous Chef, Scott Nantz, has worked in private clubs for the past 12 years, with cuisine styles ranging from Old South favorites to Classical. Ortega and Nantz have worked together previously at three private golf clubs.
- Sous Chef Cary Roy has joined Hyatt Regency Clearwater Beach (Fla.) Resort, where he will help oversee all resort dining outlets, including SHOR American Seafood Grill, Swim, and Skimmers. He will also assist with banquet F&B as well as in-room dining.
- CordeValle, in San Martin, Calif., has promoted Michael Marion to the new position of Director of Golf Operations and Memberships. Additionally, Nick Bailey has been named CordeValle’s new Director of Golf and Ray Otis has been named Head Golf Professional. Bailey has worked for the resort since 2005 and takes over Marion’s previous position. Bailey will oversee all major events at the resort, including the annual Frys.com Open on the PGA Tour, and the USGA Senior Women’s Amateur Championship in 2013. Otis’s appointment is his first Head Golf Professional position. He has been honored by the Northern California PGA as Player of the Year (2006) and Assistant Professional of the Year (2011).
- Patrick Kelley has joined Old Chatham Golf Club in Durham, N.C,, as a new Golf Instructor. Kelley will offer golf lessons to members and guests, covering swing mechanics, short-game technique, mental preparation and other aspects of the game. Kelley teaches clients of all ages and skill levels, including beginners as young as eight years old, American Junior Golf Association members and PGA Tour players. He has taught several professional clients, including David Mathis, Brad Fritsch, Michael Putnam, Andrew Putnam and Justin Walters, who have won a combined eight PGA tours.