The explosion, caused by a gas leak, resulted in the evacuation of 5,000 guests from the Nashville, Tenn., resort, but no injuries were reported.
Five thousand guests had to be evacuated from Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center on June 19 after a gas explosion in a mechanical room on the first floor of the convention center, the Associated Press reported.
Damage at the Nashville, Tenn., resort is estimated at $750,000. Fire officials said the explosion was caused by a gas leak. No injuries were reported.
“The entire room was moving,” Davidson County Sheriff Daron Hall told WSMV-TV.
The damaged area was closed off to guests the following day and there was no major damage to an escalator, walls and ceiling, though it did damage ceiling tiles on the third floor. Guests were given a free one-night stay, the Associated Press reported.
Colin V. Reed, Chairman and CEO of Gaylord Entertainment, said the hotel is “returning to business as usual and repairing the impacted areas of the property with minimal disruption to our guests.”
The hotel sits next to the Grand Ole Opry House and has 1 million guests annually in its 2,881 rooms. It is known for its indoor waterfalls, inside landscaping and glass atriums, the Associated Press reported.