A person believed to be an employee of the Morgantown, W. Va. club was thought to be struck by lightning in the equipment shed, but only received an electrical conduction shock.
A man who was believed to be an employee of the Pines Country Club received an electrical conduction shock while standing in a metal doorway of an equipment shed when lightning struck the building, 12- WBOY reported.
MECCA 911 received a call from the Morgantown, W. Va. club reporting that a man had been struck by lightning. The Monongalia Emergency Medical Service and Rescue found the man, 34, conscious and alert.
The man was transported by EMS to Mon General Hospital as a precaution, but he was stable with no injuries associated with a lightning strike.
Pines Country Club is a private, 18-hole golf course with a practice driving range and putting green.