A power washer in the locker room of the club released noxious fumes that sent eight employees to the local hospital.
Fumes from a power washer inside the locker room of Longmeadow (Mass.) Country Club caused eight employees to seek treatment at Baystate Medical Center in Springfield, Mass., on May 20, The Republican reported.
The workers suffered minor symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure from inhaling the noxious fumes. The pool area was closed even though the rest of the country club was open.
Longmeadow was established in 1922 and was selected as the site for the U.S. Junior Amateur Championship in 2005. The club also served as host to the 1995 U.S. Girls’ Junior Championship, the U.S. Junior Amateur, U.S. Women’s Open Qualifying, Massachusetts Golf Association Championships and Connecticut Section PGA Championships. The club features an 18-hole Donald Ross championship golf course.