1 lb. crab meat, well-flaked
1-1/2 cups feta cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp. white pepper
4 (7-in. ea.) Italian-style steak rolls
- Combine crab, feta cheese, mayonnaise and pepper in large mixing bowl.
- Cut rolls into 10 diagonal slices, discarding both ends.
- Toast each side lightly.
- Place 2 tbsp. of crab mixture on top of each slice of bread. Bake in a 350-degree oven until mixture is hot and lightly browned, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Top each crostini with 1 tsp. of greek onion relish (see recipe below), and garnish with oregano sprigs.
For the Greek Onion Relish:
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
2 cups yellow onion, diced
1 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 cup pitted olives, chopped
1/4 cup capers with juice
2 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
1 bunch oregano sprigs
- Heat oil in large sauté pan. Add garlic and sauté lightly.
- Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add red pepper and olives and cook 1 minute.
- Add capers and oregano. Mix well.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate.
Recipe and photo provided by the National Onion Association.copyright